It seems like such an important topic to discuss and so obvious, and yet, many of us just don’t know how to do it right, yet!
So, here is the statement for our review: Our gut healthy is directly connected to our energy levels, our focus ability, our mental state AND (surprise!) our skin. Yes, you’ve heard it, the way our skin shows allergies, acne, pimples, blemishes etc is compiled consequence of our gut state and what we eat daily, what we drink and the air we breathe, the sunlight amount or lack of and smoking habits. All of these are the direct components of our skin health and therefore choosing wisely here is going to impact a long-term goal of our skin looking smooth, with good complexity and a healthy natural glow.
Let’s explore in more depth. The top 5 essential components of a healthy skin glow:
- Hydration! YES! This is actually our number one friend for a healthy glow as hydration ensures that we will rejuvenate our skin, so it looks and feels smooth and soft. This is due to the fact that the outermost layer of the skin has the moisture it needs to flush away toxins and carry nutrients to the skin's cells.
- Clean diet. Is your number 2 best friend here. A healthy diet that includes a good amount of fruit and veggies, enough protein, and a great deal of foods with healthy amino acids and fats will fully heal your gut and your skin! Of course, alter to your dietary needs, as required.
- Oxygen! A good amount of oxygen every day will ensure your skin remains healthy, pores are open and clean and get hydrated with an essential nutrient carrier. Take a light walk or perform some exercise outdoors every day to remain good levels of oxygen in your body.
- Sunlight. Yes, that’s right. Take at least 30 min of sunlight a day, in a low UV indexed light will ensure your skin gets an essential vit D. We often think about how the sun can damage skin, but for people with certain skin conditions, the sun can actually be a kind of medicine. For instance, psoriasis and eczema cause rashes and lesions, and UV light can help the healing processalong. Research shows that sunshine can lower blood pressure and improve heart health — and the more you nourish your body, the better it will look!
- And finally, Skincare. Do not overlook the benefits of investing into some great quality pure natural skincare. It can provide you with a complex of skin nutrients that are required to promote a healthy skin glow, heal any imperfections and to deeply moisturise. Switching skincare brands can be a big deal as skin might react and break, so my suggestion is to choose wisely and avoid any chemical compounds that are labelled under ‘natural’ but might, well, not be. Do you research and try a few different ones to find The One! I promise, it will be worth it :)
In the meantime, you might want to try our own favourite face serum is Miracle Face Elixir. It provides both. the moisturising and delivering a heap of essential antioxidants which will help your skin to restore post sunlight exposure, smoothen the texture and redness and deeply hydrate it. It is guaranteed to give you a golden glow!
Hope this article will help you on your journey to improving your skins and gut health, and as a cherry on top of a pie, your overall health will only thank you!
Yours, Iveta x